who we are
In 2012, the local initiative of Mousso Dambé was set up to prevent female circumcision in the area of Kati in Mali. Its information activities in the health centres of the town of Kati are very successful.
Despite this effective small-scale approach, however, Mousso Dambé is lacking in funds from the government or other organizations. For this reason, our foundation Stichting Stop Vrouwenbesnijdenis wants to raise funds. These will allow Mousso Dambé to perform its information activities in small villages, where female circumcision occurs most.
- information activities in 10 villages in Nèguèla (Mali)
- 25,000 inhabitants, of whom 6,300 girls who can be protected by this project
- Reduce the percentage of girls to be circumcised from 100% to 70% in 1 year's time.
- 12 visits a year to each village for information activities
- 2 visits a year to each village for an evaluation
- by 9 Mousso Dambé workers
- Total costs are €25,700.
Mousso Dambé aan het werk in Kati